Here are some important “tips” to help you enjoy your afternoon during the Tahoe City Wine Walk.
- Location. The Tahoe City Wine Walk is located along North Lake Boulevard in downtown Tahoe City, California.
- Tickets. Tickets are on sale now and available online at TahoeCityWineWalk.com, and are $45/person. Tickets will be $50/person on the day of the event, cash only. Ticket price includes admittance, commemorative wine glass, 30 wine tasting locations, delicious bit-size offerings, live music, and free on-site parking.
- Registration. You must check in on the day of the event at one of two registration areas and receive a wristband to be able to participate. Two registration areas are set up for your convenience: The Visitor Center on the west side of town at 100 North Lake Boulevard, and in The Boatworks Mall at the east end of town at 760 North Lake Boulevard. Parking is available nearby both locations.
- Must be 21. Attendees must be 21 years or older and show a valid ID when registering or when purchasing a ticket day of the event.
- Just for kids. Kids are welcome to enjoy the food or any non-alcoholic beverage at each stop when accompanied by an adult. Kids 7 and under are free. Tickets are $10 for kids over 7 and may be purchased at the registration areas.
- Drink plenty of water. Free water refilling stations are available at designated areas along the Walk. Hydration actually makes the wine taste better, and helps to keep you from getting intoxicated. Make sure to bring a reusable water bottle.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat. The high altitude sun, even on an overcast day, is very intense. Sunscreen and a hat to compliment your outfit will keep you from getting uncomfortably sunburn.
- Comfortable walking shoes. Although the Wine Walk is along the brick-paved sidewalks in Tahoe City, the distance from one end of town to the other is three quarters of a mile and does include some hills. Sore feet aren’t good for anyone’s good time.
- Parking & Transportation. There are many FREE and low cost transportation options for getting to and from Tahoe City from the North Shore, West Shore, South Shore, Truckee, and various resorts, including shuttles, busses and trolleys.
Take the bus! Visit laketahoetransit.com for full transportation information and schedules.
There is plenty of available free parking in Tahoe City. Click here for a downloadable pdf map.
GET DIRECTIONS TO TAHOE CITY